Sunday, November 23, 2008

Paper mache




Last night I went to Graeme's to begin our Christmas paper mache project. We're fashioning a Santa Claus and three reindeer out of paper mache for a Christmas sweater party that Graeme and his roommate Kevin are having in a few weeks (just to clarify, a "Christmas sweater party" is just like a regular Christmas party, eggnog, decorations, cheer, etc. except everyone is required to wear a disgustingly tacky Christmas sweater and look like a dork. I thank my friend Gurston for the idea). Anyways, we only worked on Santa's body for the time span of about half of The Shining, and the above photos are what we have so far. Also, Graeme made the incredibly accurate observation that right now Santa looks like a huge novelty bowling pin. I agree. More on that yet to come.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Claudia,

You are dazzling me with both your
photos and your excellent prose. Is there a writing course in your future?

Just asking.

Great blog,

Barbara

claud-hop said...

Hey Barbara,

I am so flattered that you like my writing... and my photos... and my blog! You are far nicer than anyone deserves.

Love you,
Claudia