Monday, January 18, 2010

Medium format

Today, after a thorough art history lecture, I went over to Elpro Photo on Elm street (a street really close to Ryerson) and picked up a roll of 120 film I had dropped off on Friday. Preeetty exciting. I never use film anymore mostly because I have gotten used to that instant gratification from digital, and with school projects and deadlines digital is just more practical. But I've noticed that digital prints have this weird hyper-clarity to them that I don't always like, and I miss the grainy, dreamy quality that one can only achieve through using film and a cheaply made medium format camera. So here's a print of Data, the rest I'll put on flickr, and cheers to film.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

This is great Claudia,

Love the blog,

XOBarbara

claud-hop said...

Hey, thanks! I just left a comment on YOUR blog! What a coincidence...

Love,
Claudia