Monday, January 19, 2009

Drivers are jerks

Let me tell you a story. The date is May 28th, 2008. Claudia, leaving work a little later than usual (because the damn door to the locker rooms locked everyone out), is biking home on her usual route, being far more cautious than the stupid automobiles that don't give a crap about anyone but themselves. She comes to an intersection on a quiet, residential street with one of those four-way crossing lights. Claudia has biked on this street many-a-time, so she is well aware that she must break and wait her turn before crossing. There is only one car on the road, and it is directly in front of her. So, she waits for him to turn (he goes right), and she continues going straight. But wait... while Claudia is in the middle of the intersection, crazy Mr. Automobile Man decides that he no longer wishes to turn right, he wants to go left. And what crazy Mr. Automobile Man wants, by George, crazy Mr. Automobile Man does! And poor, unsuspecting Claudia gets hit by Drunken Douchebag Automobile Man (I suddenly felt the urge to change his name). Now, you think this would make D.D.A.M. feel like a total asshole, hence urging him to get out of his car, arms flailing in the air, and him crying "OH MY GOD, I'M A COMPLETE FUCK, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?" Nope. Through his windshield, he looks Claudia straight in the eye (at this moment they are stark-raving mad eyes), and speeds the fuck off, leaving Claudia in the middle of the road with nothing to do but swear like a drunken sailor. I bet I know what you are thinking. "Where is the justice??", and "No human being should get away with such a travesty!" Well the silver lining in this crap situation is that there was an undercover Mountie (yes, Mountie, or rather, R.C.M.P.) two blocks up the very same road that D.D.A.M. was booking it on. The good fellow hunts him down, and busts his ass for all sorts of illegal car stuff (mainly hit and run) and Claudia gets to yell at D.D.A.M. for being an ultimate turd. He promises to pay her for a new bike (R.I.P. red Tour de France Supercycle), never does, and now she has to go to court on Thursday afternoon. The End.

6 comments:

Gramma Jones said...

If I was a judge I'd sentence him to ride a bike into on-coming traffic wearing a tutu until Claudia stopped laughing at him. The kicker is that I would loop a recording of Claudia laughing at him so he'd never be able to stop getting hit by cars.

Fuck douchers in cars (specially taxi drivers)

Good luck in court! Book 'em!

Anonymous said...

claud. what a twat knocker. I wish you all the luck...sad to say that I shall not be coming home for reading week (3 weeks away)- at least i dont plan on coming home, i dont really see the point. I most likely wont be home til the beggginin of may to get my precious wisdom teeth out. I love you
ceed
you should mail me the egg!!!
you know how i love mail...

claud-hop said...

Mail it I shall! I'm gonna make a special care package for your household. You guys are gonna loooove it. When you get your wisdoms out I shall be there by your side to spoon... soup into your gorgeous mouth.

Love,
Claudia

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Claudia,

Great writing with more swearing than
you need to get the point across.

Still -- such vivid, electric, glorious prose. Girl, you can really write. Well I do hope this felon gets
his in court, and you get your money for the bike at the very least. I think maybe you should get some money for the inconvenience, any harm and suffering you experienced. $$$$$
Car drivers are unpredictable. I'm glad you are fine.

Love Barbara

claud-hop said...

Hey Barbara,

The guy never even showed up, but we are trying to contact him to make an appointment for us to get the cashola for my bike.

I'm so glad you like my writing!

Love,
Claudia

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Claudia,

I sure do like your writing, and it's
impressive that you're keeping this blog going -- interesting and varied.
Just soooo good.

Take care,

Love Barbara