Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shame on me

I have failed me. I have not been producing the amount of art that I promised myself I would. I did a drawing of my friend Cedar on New Years day, but it's so terrible I refuse show it to anybody. Plus if Cedar ever happens to visit my blog and saw it, she would be appalled. I like Cedar. I don't want her to be appalled. Anyways, here is a drawing I did of my friend Sam, who is one rad dude. I kind of fucked it up, I was attempting to copy a photo of him as closely as possible, but I didn't tip his head to the side, which perhaps makes the attempted neck wrinkles seem confusing... also his hair doesn't quite look like that. And he normally does not resemble Ronald McDonald. That is my bad.


Sam Rosenberg (I don't know why this is underlined).

3 comments:

Gramma Jones said...

I still like you're drawings. Who's bitterness towards their work makes others sad? Yours missy!

abeudist is the secret word. I think that's what I'll call your drawings... you work in an Abeudist style.

Anonymous said...

claudhop. post that pic of me you speak so dearly of, i would love to see it,
p.s. osh kosh bigosh
pp.s sorry i didnt get to see you before i left. i miss you asparagus

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Claudia,

I like the drawings -- and think you have to quick kicking yourself for what you haven't done, and start praising yourself for what you have done.

What a great blog.