Saturday, December 6, 2008

Creme caramel making





Tomorrow is my mom's birthday so I thought it would be nice to make her some creme caramel while she was out with her sisters this afternoon. I used a recipe that I found on the good old internet about a year ago. This is my third or fourth time making it, and it gets easier to not burn the caramel every time... I like making creme caramel because it has few ingredients, little preparation time, and it's not that complicated to make. Yet in the end, you are left with a delicious and somewhat fancy desert. The dishes are cooling in the mini fridge in the basement so my mom won't find them and will (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised come tomorrow. They don't look as pretty when they are in the dishes, especially because I put plastic wrap over them, but they will look like the picture in the recipe link I put here when they are served tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gramma Jones said...

You're like Martha Stewart without the suck.

I'll have a crab juice.

Barbara Muir said...

Yum -- and were they good.

I broke my diet for you Claudia and
it was so worth it -- I'm eating celery until Christmas dinner -- with you.

Take care
xoxoxo

Barbara