Monday, December 8, 2008

Mom's birthday brunch

Yesterday was my dear mother's birthday so her best friend Barbara and I teamed up and planned a surprise brunch-type thing for her. In order to distract her while I was getting everything ready at the house, Barbara took her out for the two of them to get makeovers at Mac, and that is why they look like they are ready for a night on the town. Everything went very well and my mom seemed very happy, which is the exact reaction we were aiming for. (p.s., Barbara if you are reading this, thank you so much for your help, I loooove you).



Barbara and my mom, looking all fancy.



Mom with her birthday cake (the creme caramel is next to her on a plate). She looks like she's doing a very dramatic laugh, yes?



Blowin' out the candles.



Aaaaaand cutting the cake.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Claudia,

You did such a good job, and were
so right about the guest list. It
was an entirely fun birthday -- which
believe me is a huge achievement.

You are the best,

Love Barbara

claud-hop said...

Hey Barbara,

Thank you so much for the compliment and most importantly the help. OH and the cake! You were so right about that. You are so right about everything, you're like magic or something.

Love,
Claudia